Are you looking for some simple style upgrade tips? You’ve come to the right place.
Now on PDF. Grab your copy – “15 SIMPLE STYLE RESOLUTIONS“
Let’s face it – New Year Resolutions, like going to the gym or drinking less alcohol, never stick! There, I said it. Old health habits won’t give up easily. Your resolutions should never be fitness-related.
And forget New Year! Style resolutions can be any time of year. In fact, it’s a good idea to review a list (like the one below) three or four times a year – so you don’t slip.
It’s far better to make resolutions to improve your image… and who knows, those fitness-related pie-in-the-sky things might work their way in naturally.
This year I’m going to focus on improving myself by giving myself a style upgrade.
I’m sharing my style upgrade tips with you so you can focus on it too!
15 Simple Style Changes You Can Make Today
- Pick someone stylish to emulate – an actor, musician, someone real who you admire – to be a role model. But don’t be creepy, don’t stand next to your boss at work dressed exactly the same. Just make minor adjustments and your own style will evolve.
- Subscribe to a men’s style magazine (digital or print) – there are plenty out there. Try googling “mens style magazine”. Or check out the our Style Upgrade packages to unlock your potential.
- Take your clothes to a tailor – for repairs or adjustments. You want to look your best – and too loose, too tight, too short, too long ain’t gonna cut it.
- Own at least one suit that fits perfectly and looks expensive, even if it isn’t.
- Donate or throw out any clothes that don’t fit or you don’t wear.
- Try a new haircut. I know, I will struggle with this one too.
- Watch James Bond – the entire series – from start to finish. He’s a pretty stylish gent!
- Anything “trendy” goes in the trash. I could make a joke about it coming back in style in twenty years, but I don’t want you to be out-of-style for twenty years. Just get rid of it now.
- Use a dry cleaner … regularly! Taking care of your clothes will keep them looking good and help them last longer.
- Go to a shoeshine – or do it yourself. Polishing your own shoes is fun. Turn it into a weekly ritual. Don’t ruin a stylish look with bad shoes.
- Get a manicure – or at least pay more attention to your fingernails – you put money and effort into your style, don’t ruin it with badly kept hands.
- Try some new eye-wear – even if it’s just sunglasses.
- Read more! – You can learn as much about stylish gentlemen from The Great Gatsby or Sherlock Holmes as you can from GQ. Good writers paint a picture with their words. And if you’re not reading about stylish gentlemen, improve your general knowledge on many topics.
- Invest in jewellery. I like vintage jewellery (for the character), but I’m biased. A watch, cufflinks, collar bar, tie bar. Get something nice and make a habit of wearing it.
- New Rule: If it doesn’t make you feel your best, then don’t wear it.
So how’s that for a list to get you started?
This will be your most stylish year yet. If you haven’t already done so, become a member at Vintage Cufflinks & More.
“Improving yourself is not just about the cufflinks you wear, it’s about you too and the image you portray – A Total Package”.
See also: 14 Tips To Look Stylish On A Budget
Get the FREE eBook 15 SIMPLE STYLE RESOLUTIONS