Avon was founded in New York in 1886 under the company name California Perfume. In 1939 the company became Avon Products Inc. They first offered jewellery as a gift with other purchases in 1963. And they commenced selling jewellery individually, with their signature logo, in 1970. Over the years, Avon has been associated with great jewellery names such as Krementz, Trifari, Tiffany, Kenneth J Lane, Nina Ricci, and more.
Avon jewellery has become much sought-after collector’s items due to its limited nature. Once Avon has run a jewellery line, they discontinue it.
BUYING VINTAGE JEWELLERY ONLINE
This comprehensive guide includes:
* The 3 most important rules to ensure you don’t waste money
* Visual clues about the age of vintage jewellery items
* “Inside Secrets” about tie clasps, cufflinks and collar bars
* Search tips to find what you’re looking for
* How to be the successful buyer