A history of elegance, cufflinks date back to the seventeenth century.
Cufflinks came about when men wanted something more elegant for their shirts than ribbons or ties to hold together their cuffs.
Chain-Link Cufflinks: Men began using small chains that were fastened to the end of a gold or silver button and fed through the holes of the cuff to keep them together. Hence, the first cufflink was born!
Over time, the cuff link developed and became a more sophisticated part of a man’s wardrobe, especially for tuxedo usage and formal attire. With the varying types of stones, precious metals, fabrics, and design, the cuff link became the new well-dressed man’s staple.
Today, cufflinks are not just for men. Woman often wear them as well, to uniquely accessorize long sleeved blouses!
See also: Vintage Cufflinks – How Old Are They?
BUYING VINTAGE JEWELLERY ONLINE
This comprehensive guide includes:
* The 3 most important rules to ensure you don’t waste money
* Visual clues about the age of vintage jewellery items
* “Inside Secrets” about tie clasps, cufflinks and collar bars
* Search tips to find what you’re looking for
* How to be the successful buyer