The back of the clasp is stamped GIANT GRIP, CHAIN KLIK-IT, PAT.PEND.
My research shows there was a Giant Grip Manufacturing Co in Wisconsin, USA. They were registering patents in the 1910s and 1920s, but I did not find a patent listing for the tie clasp.
BUYING VINTAGE JEWELLERY ONLINE
This comprehensive guide includes:
* The 3 most important rules to ensure you don’t waste money
* Visual clues about the age of vintage jewellery items
* “Inside Secrets” about tie clasps, cufflinks and collar bars
* Search tips to find what you’re looking for
* How to be the successful buyer