Periods (or eras) in Vintage Jewellery
- 1840-1860 – Victoria & Albert
- 1861-1889 – Victorian
- 1890-1915 – Edwardian
- 1895-1915 – Art Nouveau
- 1920-1939 – Art Deco
- 1940-1960 – Art Modern
- Important Note:
The above refer to the high point of the
styles and do refer to the particular point in
time for that period.
Copyright example: If an item is tagged with the copyright symbol and 1955, this means the item was produced on or after 1955. The design on which the item is based was copyrighted in 1955.
Tie clasps with alligator teeth grips were introduced in the 1950s.
Claim your free Style Guide Tips For Buying Vintage Jewellery
This comprehensive guide includes:
* The 3 most important rules to ensure you don’t waste money
* Visual clues about the age of vintage jewellery items
* “Inside Secrets” about tie clasps, cufflinks and collar bars
* Search tips to find what you’re looking for
* How to be the successful buyer