Napier Jewellery was founded in 1875 as Whitney and Rice and then within 10 years became the E.A. Bliss Co. After World War I, it became Napier Bliss Co. and in 1922 it became The Napier Co.
The mark Napier in block lettering was used since 1922 until its sale in late 1980s and merchandise was marked Napier in script lettering. The company was later purchased by “Victoria & Co”. The Napier company was closed by Victoria & Co on 15 October 1999. Nothing but excess stock was last being sold by dealers that were lucky enough to have it.
- NAPIER (block lettering) – 1922 to late 1980s
- Napier (script lettering) – late 1980s to 1999
BUYING VINTAGE JEWELLERY ONLINE
This comprehensive guide includes:
* The 3 most important rules to ensure you don’t waste money
* Visual clues about the age of vintage jewellery items
* “Inside Secrets” about tie clasps, cufflinks and collar bars
* Search tips to find what you’re looking for
* How to be the successful buyer