Stratton compacts were designed and produced in Birmingham, England by Laughton & Sons Ltd from 1923.
Some of the earliest Stratton compacts carry the name “Stratnoid”, which was also the trade name for the company’s knitting needles.
Four of their five factories were destroyed during World War II. By 1946, they were up and running again.
In 1997, this company was taken over by Cork International. Although they are still making compacts with the Stratton name, they are no longer manufactured in England.
See also Nippy Clip tie clasps.