The idea for the sweater guard clip was to hold a sweater in place when worn loose on the shoulders. These were very popular in the 1950s.
You simply clip the alligator clips to each collar corner (or just below) of the of the sweater. They are very attractive and come in many designs and lengths.
You can also wear sweater clips on your blouse or vest as a decoration.
These are so timeless and attractive.
Claim your free Style Guide Tips For Buying Vintage Jewellery
This comprehensive guide includes:
* The 3 most important rules to ensure you don’t waste money
* Visual clues about the age of vintage jewellery items
* “Inside Secrets” about tie clasps, cufflinks and collar bars
* Search tips to find what you’re looking for
* How to be the successful buyer