Hi there! This Privacy Notice explains how Vintage Cufflinks & More processes information about the visitors to our website. Read on!
To keep things simple, we’ll refer to the users of the services we provide as our “Users”, and we’ll refer to Vintage Cufflinks & More and/or its owners as the “Website” or “We”. Visitors to the Website can read published content and interact with the Website through features such as comments, “likes,” poll/survey responses, and “follows”. A visitor becomes a User when they interact with the Website.
This Privacy Notice is provided to help our Users understand the information collected, and how that happens.
Alright, so what happens with User information?
Vintage Cufflinks & More offers a variety of products and services:
* Blogposts and free information
* Free style guides
* Free website membership
* “Improve your style” products
* Vintage jewellery
Information Collected About Users
We collect information about Users in a few different ways – we collect some information automatically, and we collect information that our Users provide.
Information a User Provides
We’ll start with information that Users provide directly to the Website, which primarily happens when Users type into a text field, like a comment field or a sign-up form. Here are the most common ways in which a User directly provides information:
Blogposts and Visible Information:
* Blogpost Comments – When a User leaves a comment, we collect that comment and other information that the User provides along with the comment, such as the User’s name and email address. Akismet helps keep spam under control by filtering out spam comments. Email addresses provided with Post Comments are not used to initiate any communication from the Website.
* Blogpost Likes – WordPress usernames are publicly displayed on the blogpost when the Like star is clicked. Users control the information that is publicly displayed by the User’s own WordPress profile.
* Blogpost Follows – WordPress usernames are stored on the “follows” database. Usernames provided with Post Follows are not used to initiate any communication from the Website.
* Website Follows – WordPress usernames are stored on the “follows” database. Usernames provided with Website Follows are not used to initiate any communication from the Website.
Free Style Guides & Website Membership:
Downloadable PDFs – Users are typically required to enter first name and email address for delivery of free style guides and to receive email communications from the Wesbite. Users can unsubscribe at any time by following the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email.
All payments (hooray!) are processed securely via PayPal. No credit card or bank account information is received by the Website.
“Improve Your Style” Products:
The Website receives confirmation from PayPal of name, email address and payment. No other information is shared by PayPal. We will use this email address for delivery of the purchased product and for email communications from the Website. Users can unsubscribe at any time by following the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email.
Vintage Jewellery Purchases:
The Website receives confirmation of name, email address, shipping address and payment. No other information is shared by PayPal. We will use the shipping address for delivery of the purchased item only. We will use the email address for communications from the Website. Users can unsubscribe at any time by following the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email.
Other Information Provided by the User:
We may also collect other information that a User enters on the Website – such as a contact form submission, a search query, or Website registration.
Information We Automatically Collect
We also automatically collect some information about visitors to a Site.
* Technical Data from a Visitor’s Computer, Etc: Web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available information such as the IP address, browser type, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information.
* Visitor Interactions: This includes “likes” and “ratings” left by visitors.
* Location Information: Approximate location of a visitor’s device from the IP address – used for aggregated site statistics.
* Akismet Commenter Information: This typically includes the commenter’s IP address, user agent, referrer, and Website URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address…oh, and the comment itself, of course).
* Site Activity: Visitor activities, such as login attempts/actions and comment submission and management actions.
* Cookies and Other Technologies: Cookies are used to help identify and track visitors and Site usage.
For specific details on what information is collected and how it is used, please refer to the following pages by our web host:
How We Use Visitor Information
Our web host provides us with information about website visitors so we can manage our Website, sell products and services on our Website, and flag and fight comments from spammers.
Mostly, we receive information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify any individual. For instance, website statistics on number of visitors and the webpages visited.
If you have any concerns, please contact us at https://vintagecufflinksandmore.com/contact/